As your moving day approaches there are a few final steps, a residential moving checklist you should follow to guarantee a smooth move.
Working With US-1 Van Lines Movers
- Properly label fragile items and alert the movers of the boxes you want to be unloaded first.
- For those customers who do their own packing, please make sure that all the boxes are prepared to be loaded on moving day.
- Unplug all electrical appliances at least 24 hours prior to the move, so they can adjust to room temperature.
- If you are moving any appliances please have them defrosted, cleaned, and unplugged prior to the moving crew arrival.
Times Running Out
- Check every square inch of your house for any unpacked items.
- Be aware that all electrical and mechanical equipment must be serviced.
- Reconfirm reservations with your moving consultant.
- For all the boxes you have packed, please mark which room they came from and put your last name on the box.
On Moving Day
- Complete and sign the High-Value Inventory form.
- Make sure all your possessions are loaded onto the truck.
- Alert the van operator of all the final details, including phone numbers and the exact destination address.
- Approve and sign the Bill of Lading/Freight Bill.
On Delivery Day
- Be at home or authorize someone to receive your items for you at your new home.
- Please create a floor plan to help assist the movers in properly placing the furniture and boxes in the correct room.
- Keep all the moving documents in a safe place.
- Let the appliances adjust to room temperature once again for at least 24 hours.
- If you have a larger move please create a floor plan.
Don’t forget to also read or "Home Moving Tips" page for additional helpful information. US-1 Van Lines would like to be the first to welcome you to your new home.